Felt Your Sweater! A Felted Wool Tutorial Crafting a
Here’s how you can DIY a cushion cover out of that cosy woollen jumper in six easy steps Here’s how to make a DIY cushion cover out of your old jumper You don’t have to be a knitter to enjoy cuddly woollen cushions when you can repurpose surplus knitwear into other forms.... Another fun project to make from old sweaters is a patchwork quilt pet bed made from an assortment of colorful old sweaters. Here’s a great tutorial found at Apartment Therapy that gives you step by step instructions for making this cute bed.
How to upcycle. 1 jumper = 3 baby items Free Our Kids
I like this idea of using an old sweater instead of purchasing new felt material – upcycling and all that. These are also great for gifts, or you could just keep a bowl of them by the front door for anyone who needs to head out into the cold.... To felt the sweaters: Cut seams of the sweaters open and remove any tags, buttons or zippers ; Sort by like colors (you’ll wash one color family at a time so the colors don’t bleed) Put the sweaters into an old pillow case (this keeps the fuzzies from getting everywhere in your washer and dryer). Wash with detergent on a hot-cold setting and on a speed that will give a lot of agitation
How to Felt a Sweater YouTube
You'll need one felted sweater (you may get two or more hats out of one sweater, depending on the size of the sweater and the hats you're making). If you don't have any handy, a thrift store usually has loads of shrunken knits or ones you can felt yourself. Just throw them in the washer and dryer. Most sweaters will felt, as long as they are made from an animal fiber, like wool, mohair... Cowboy hats were also made out of felt. Felt is very eco-friendly. It more or less lasts for ever, it's made from natural materials and it has unique insulating qualities. You can make it from old
Felt Cut and Sew Unique Upcycle Jumpers into Cut Out
Smooth out the bottom portion of the sweater, making sure that the bottom edge of the sweater matches up front and back. Then, stitch across the bottom—about 1/2 inch …... Stickers. Needle and Thread. How to make your Christmas Jumper Ornaments: Using your scissors cut a jumper shape out of some felt. Tip – use fabric scissors to get a much cleaner cut, normal scissors can make cut felt look fuzzy
How To Make Felt Out Of Old Jumpers
Turn an old jumper into chic Christmas items Woman's Weekly
- Felt Hexagon Rug PDF Pattern & Instructions My Poppet
- Handmade how to make a felted baby hat from an old jumper
- Transform an Old Sweater Into an Adorable Bunny Softie for
- Threading My Way Turning Woollen Garments into Felt...
How To Make Felt Out Of Old Jumpers
1. For your wool sweater to felt evenly, you first must cut it apart at the seams (completely cutting away the seam–sometimes they can be thick) and cut off any ribbing or reinforced seams.
- Someone I know used to make brilliant cushions out of old woollen blankets which had been felted and machine dyed. But I never see those kind of blankets in the charity shops any more. But I never see those kind of blankets in the charity shops any more.
- I like this idea of using an old sweater instead of purchasing new felt material – upcycling and all that. These are also great for gifts, or you could just keep a bowl of them by the front door for anyone who needs to head out into the cold.
- Smooth out the bottom portion of the sweater, making sure that the bottom edge of the sweater matches up front and back. Then, stitch across the bottom—about 1/2 inch …
- 2 Pin the felt to the right side of the jumper, centring any pattern in the knit. 3 Use a sewing machine, or hand-stitch, around the outside, with a 5mm seam allowance. Leave a small section (3-4cm) unstitched at the ‘inside’ point of the star.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Harman ACT, Whitlam ACT, City ACT, Jerrabomberra ACT, Wallaroo ACT, ACT Australia 2614
- New South Wales: Nerrigundah NSW, Buronga NSW, Greystanes NSW, Warrawee NSW, Barnes NSW, NSW Australia 2045
- Northern Territory: Jingili NT, Adelaide River NT, Alice Springs NT, Alawa NT, Connellan NT, Bees Creek NT, NT Australia 0899
- Queensland: Glenvale QLD, St Peters QLD, Susan River QLD, Gumlow QLD, QLD Australia 4014
- South Australia: Stockport SA, North Moonta SA, William Creek SA, Mt Barker Springs SA, Lochiel SA, O'sullivan Beach SA, SA Australia 5097
- Tasmania: Lune River TAS, Eaglehawk Neck TAS, Eddystone TAS, TAS Australia 7045
- Victoria: Wallan VIC, Wickliffe VIC, Sunset Strip VIC, Newbridge VIC, Cardigan VIC, VIC Australia 3008
- Western Australia: Jandakot WA, Ora Banda WA, Newdegate WA, WA Australia 6065
- British Columbia: Cache Creek BC, Port Clements BC, White Rock BC, Abbotsford BC, Armstrong BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W6
- Yukon: De Wette YT, Dalton Post YT, Upper Liard YT, Little Gold YT, Boundary YT, YT Canada, Y1A 9C9
- Alberta: Warburg AB, Hay Lakes AB, Chipman AB, Marwayne AB, Irma AB, St. Paul AB, AB Canada, T5K 7J9
- Northwest Territories: Tulita NT, Fort McPherson NT, Tuktoyaktuk NT, Lutselk'e NT, NT Canada, X1A 1L6
- Saskatchewan: Moosomin SK, Beechy SK, Fillmore SK, Colonsay SK, Warman SK, Clavet SK, SK Canada, S4P 2C7
- Manitoba: Altona MB, Brandon MB, Portage la Prairie MB, MB Canada, R3B 6P7
- Quebec: Levis QC, Sainte-Julie QC, Pointe-Lebel QC, Matane QC, Louiseville QC, QC Canada, H2Y 8W2
- New Brunswick: Dorchester NB, Canterbury NB, Sainte-Anne-de-Madawaska NB, NB Canada, E3B 4H1
- Nova Scotia: Hantsport NS, St. Mary's NS, Inverness NS, NS Canada, B3J 3S4
- Prince Edward Island: Souris PE, North Shore PE, Victoria PE, PE Canada, C1A 8N8
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Musgrave Harbour NL, Lourdes NL, Reidville NL, Anchor Point NL, NL Canada, A1B 1J6
- Ontario: Elk Lake ON, Head, Clara and Maria ON, York, Haldimand County ON, Sharon, Union, Leeds and Grenville United Counties ON, Mayhews Landing ON, Old Spring Bay ON, ON Canada, M7A 7L6
- Nunavut: Arctic Bay NU, Apex NU, NU Canada, X0A 1H8
- England: Gillingham ENG, St Helens ENG, Bedford ENG, Taunton ENG, Chester ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 9A2
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H7
- Scotland: Paisley SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Dunfermline SCO, East Kilbride SCO, Paisley SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 2B4
- Wales: Neath WAL, Neath WAL, Neath WAL, Cardiff WAL, Wrexham WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 9D6